Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Blessings of 2009


As Pastor Tim says, the last week of the year is often the LOST week of the year.  I usually spend the last 7 days of the year wrapping up any loose ends, cleaning things out, reorganizing things, and trying to come up with new plans for the incoming year.

Basically, I spend it reflecting.

It's not a waste of time--I become hyper-conscious of time and how I spend it.  I take an introspective look at what I value and how my use of time does or does not  reflect that.  This year, I think I've been diligent and deliberate in seeking God's plan for me and doing my best to be obedient in all things.  As such, this year had many surprise shifts for me--in life plans, health, ministry, and general focus.

So, 2009, this year I am thankful for:

Celebrating 8 years of marriage with my wonderful husband, Seth
Simple pleasures like reconnecting with old friends, watching the waves roll in, feeling crisp air on my face, or savoring a homemade cookie...yum!
Our vacation on the East Coast (Virginia to Maine road trip)
Graduating from a credential program, still intact and not wholly disenchanted
The blessing of working with the High School Ministry (Worship Band)
Serving as a Sunday School teacher in the K-1 classroom with Seth for two years and watching the students grow in their love for the Lord
The opportunity to write and direct another script for Fun Fest
Learning that I can make costumes from a pattern, in multiple styles and fabrics!
The chance to learn to be content without a paycheck of my own
Rejoicing with friends and family during their weddings and the births of their children
Our home church and Christian family
Challenging myself to search and explore my passions and how to use my gifts for God
Chances to inspire others


There's really so much more, but I think this communicates my point.  I was very blessed in 2009.  It's been a lot of work and required a great deal of humbling, tears, and trials--but it was worth it.  Trusting God is always worth it.

Now, as I look forward to 2010, I want my resolution to be the same as last year: to grow deeper in my love of God and my obedience to Him.  I simply want to be used by Him for His glory.

May your 2010 be blessed, too!

Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God.  And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. ~ Colossians 3:16-17 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment