Thursday, July 21, 2011

Mini Pancake Muffins

I like pancakes.  And, really...who doesn't?

What I don't like is flipping pancakes, trying to find a way to keep them all warm without getting soggy, or else letting others eat while you keep cooking.

THEN, I stumbled upon Bakerella's recipe for mini pancake MUFFINS.

That's right.

I said MUFFINS.

This is an amazing idea.  No more flipping!

I have to admit, though, I didn't take the time to make my pancake batter from scratch like she did.  Being a new mom, sleep and time are both elusive, and I don't want to try and measure out ingredients first thing in the morning.  Perhaps I will in a few months (or years), but for now, I just jazzed up a pancake mix we have in the cupboard.

This is seriously easy, folks.  All I used was pancake mix, water, and mini chocolate chips.  This go 'round I also added chopped walnuts (not pictured).


Just stir up your pancake batter to the consistency you like and divide evenly in a mini muffin pan.  (BTW, make sure you generously spray your pan beforehand with non-stick spray...just to make life easier once they're baked.  Trust me on this one.)


Bake in a preheated oven for 8-9 minutes and PRESTO!  You now have mini pancake muffins. 


You know, I like the sound of pancake poppers or pancake dippers.  That's essentially what you do with them if you don't add sweets.  Pour yourself a little ramekin of syrup and dunk away.  How easy is that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment