Monday, April 2, 2012

DIYs to try

I have a long list of things that I want to try to do myself, but I've got my hands full with family visits, a first birthday party, and prepping for a move.  As such, these things will have to be put on the back-burner for now.

I still wanted to share a few with you.

Ok...so, I actually have the time to do this one once we move and will likely NEED to do this one.  All you need to do is punch a few holes in the cap of a milk gallon and--voila--you instantly have a functional watering vessel for your plants.

(found here)

We also have some mismatched furniture that we were given by family over the years and I finally want to do something about it:  Paint!  Here are couple DIY tutorials that I've got a hankerin' to try out...hopefully sometime this summer.

(Tutorial found here)

(Tutorial here)

Lastly (for now, anyways), I know we'll need proper doormats.  I just don't want to spend a lot of money on fancy-schmancy doormats considering their sole purpose (no pun intended) is to get the dirt off your shoes so you don't traipse it into the house.  Instead I hope to find decent and paintable doormats that I can customize as I like.  I dig how this:


 ...turned into THIS:

(Original post found here)

That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment