Thursday, November 12, 2009

Being Thankful

How often do you reflect upon all the blessings in your life?  I do it often...and not just at Thanksgiving and New Year's Eve.

I don't want to take things for granted.  I often do...but I strive not to take anything for granted.

I'm thankful for so much, but here are some of the basics:

-freedom--to live, read, speak, move, own a Bible and attend church, love, and enjoy the world God created
-health--breathing, having all my senses intact and functioning, and having the use of my body
-home--having shelter for my family
-food--never having to feel the pangs of hunger
-love--my husband is the best!  I LOVE him and I am SO BLESSED to be his wife.
-salvation & joy--gifts from my precious Savior in all circumstances (number ONE blessing)

Again, those are the basics--there are so many more things I'm thankful for.  I know I am blessed far more than I deserve.  Every so often, I'll add another list of blessings...to remind myself and to encourage you to do the same.

So, what are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment