Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Dopey, Sleepy, Sneezy, Grumpy...& Doc?


I'm sick.  And I've been sick for just about all of November.  At first it seemed like a mild cold.

Then it morphed into a flu.

Then, just as I thought I was getting over it--it relapsed after a doctor appointment.

When my temp ran around 102 F, I had to go to urgent care.  After 4 1/2 hours getting run around for multiple tests, including getting blood drawn, I was diagnosed with the flu and an infection.

So I started on antibiotics.

Then, I had another appointment that was previously scheduled.  But, joy of joys, I had to get more blood work done after fasting (this morning).

During the blood draw, my vein collapsed and the phlebotomist had to switch to my OTHER arm after her wriggling of the needle didn't help the previously mentioned collapsed vein.

So now I'm sitting here with two bruised arms, feeling light-headed and nauseous.

Oh, and did I mention that I didn't sleep AT ALL last night because of the pounding headache I've had with this flu???

Is it any wonder why I'm channeling a few of the seven dwarfs after visiting the Doc?  Sheesh.

I'm so ready to be Bashful and Happy...

No comments:

Post a Comment