Monday, November 2, 2009

Ready, set, G-O



Being new to blogging, I had no idea how difficult it would be to select a blog name.

Seriously.

I just spent about the last hour simply brainstorming a name for our blog that would succinctly represent us. I also aimed to create an easy blog address--but many attempts later, most have already been taken. Many of my friends began blogging when they were pregnant or recently had kids. In which case it's totally appropriate to add "Baby" to the family name and be done. Well, we don't have a baby yet, so I can't do a cute G-O Baby or Baby on the G-O. Sigh. Yet, we may have kids someday, so I don't want a title that can't include them in the future. We have tons of varied interests, so I don't want to keep it too narrow. We like to travel, but what about blogs relating to things at home? This blog will represent both Seth & I, so it needs to be general enough to encapsulate us, but focused enough to kind of describe us...

You get the picture.

So I settled on G-O Play.

Why G-O Play, you ask?

Well, I am a Guadamuz and my husband is an Oaks (hence the G-O). That, and we are still playful people despite our age. Seth likes to watch and PLAY sports and I love the theatre and acting, writing and staging PLAYs. Add to that how incredibly goofy we are and how often we play games and the like, and it seemed to be an appropriate title for us.

That said, we are a happily married couple, we are Sunday School teachers, we are youth group leaders, we are children of God, and we enjoy the life that He's given us. We aspire to share the love of God with others and to demonstrate, by example, how much fun you can have living for Christ. Just as all playful kids, we may stumble and scuff our knees every now and again, but we'll get back up and keep on playing.

So, let the games begin.

Are you ready?

Set?

It's time to...G-O Play!

1 comment:

  1. You are so cute! Can't wait to see all that you share on here. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete