Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Praise in the storm

So much for being playful.  We have our bad days, too.


I want to be mindful on this blog.  I don't want to sugarcoat everything and make it seem like our lives are perfect.  It's so easy to post only the "pretty" pictures and make it seem like life is always rosy.  We all know that just isn't the case.

We all go through tough times.

We all have our own share of pain.

And now is just another one of those times where we get to choose how we are going to respond to the pain we are facing.


I choose to trust God.  Not simply believe in Him, but to truly believe and trust Him.


My mind keeps playing "Praise You in this Storm" by Casting Crowns

I'm currently in a situation where I'm disappointed and saddened by things going on around me, yet at the same time I feel incredibly blessed.  I see areas where God is working and I trust that He is going to use these situations for His glory--but it still hurts.

It's a bittersweet time.

I'm rejoicing with my Father, but I'm also mourning.

I fully praise Him and love Him, yet I also weep at His feet.

I look to the day when I will understand the why of the now.  He's reigned supreme in all of my past trials.  In the midst of trials I don't always understand why things happen as they do, but in hindsight I can see how God used those trials to strengthen me, to show His faithfulness and love, and to help others.

So, I will choose to praise Him, even in this storm.

"...at his tabernacle will I sacrifice with shouts of joy;
       I will sing and make music to the LORD."
- Psalm 27:6b (emphasis mine)

No comments:

Post a Comment