Thursday, November 5, 2009

Holiday Season

The colors of the changing leaves are a sign that the holiday season we love so much is being ushered in.

The cool, crisp air…

The tastes of cider, cinnamon, pumpkin pie, and peppermint hot chocolate…

Snuggling up in flannel pajamas…

Baking with friends and family…

Christmas music…

Vanilla and gingerbread candles…

The scent of Christmas trees (or room sprays that reproduce the smell at home)…

…all simple pleasures that we savor.

Now, I'm the type of person that loves Christmas so much that I begin listening to my holiday music in early November. (Yes, the tunes have already been playing in my car and home.) I like to decorate before Thanksgiving, but if I must, I’ll wait until the day after. I love the warmth of a cozy home, great friends, and a toasty cup of cocoa. I love celebrating my Savior's birth. I love that complete strangers tend to be just a little bit nicer to one another at this time of year. I find that you'll see strangers smiling, sharing, giving, and just plain expressing kindness. As in all things, you find what you're looking for.

And I see God's fingerprints all around.

I love the holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment