Monday, March 15, 2010

Library Love


I enjoy reading.  My local library is great and I visit it often.  In fact, I plan to go later today.  I can check out travel books, cookbooks, novels, informational texts, and just about anything else my heart desires.  And I have.

I have memories of trips to the library with my mom when I was very young.  I participated in the reading logs for stickers and the like.  We would often check out 10-12 books and I couldn't wait to race home and read them all.  I often did.  Within hours of being home.  As soon as we'd walk in the door I would settle on the couch and begin delving into the pages of these new, temporary treasures of mine.

So, if you haven't been to your local library in awhile, or you just plain don't know where your library is, look it up and go.  Bust out your dusty library card and borrow to your little heart's content.  Best part is it's free.

And in this economy, who doesn't love some free recreation?

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your posts, especially those of simple everyday pleasures that we enjoy so much, yet do not take the time to truly appreciate. Thanks for reminding me of how important it is to treasure the small things.

    ReplyDelete