Wednesday, March 7, 2012

That's Pinteresting! - birthday edition


Birthday parties were a big deal for me growing up.  My parents were both so creative and they went to so much trouble to make my birthday parties special.  In fact, I sometimes had to reign them in from going way, WAY overboard.  I don't know how they did it either.  We were living paycheck to paycheck during the BEST of times.

All that is to say that I am absolutely thrilled to begin that tradition with my G-O baby.

In April, she will be celebrating her FIRST birthday.  I'm not gonna lie, I've been pooling ideas together for months.  I sent out save the date cards...in January.

Yeah.  I'm crazy like that.

To get an inkling of where my inspiration has come from, here are some of the pins from my 1st Birthday Ideas board.





I'm not a professional and I did not hire one.  I will be making most things by myself, so please don't expect our party to turn out (quite) as fabulously as the pictures above.  For the most part, they came from party planning companies.  The inspiration is there, though.  I've got a goal.  But, of course, there may now be a crimp in my plan.  I thought I would have all of March to put the decorations together while Baby G-O slept at night (she's not too much of a napper and has recently decided she only wants to take one, short nap a day).  As it turns out, we may be packing and moving...just before the party.  Of.  Course.

So my plan needs to be rearranged.  Still, I'm excited.  I am SO excited.  It should be fun.  I'm open to additional suggestions and recommendations, too--especially given my new time constraints.  Ideas are appreciated!  Gah.  I am so EXCITED!

2 comments:

  1. I have a handful of pink and green paper lanterns. They are large globes. You are more than welcome to borrow them. Just let me know and I won't pack them up yet. ;). Totally understand the moving frustration. I was looking forward to celebrating the girls birthdays at the new house with a big party but it looks like we will be moving in only a couple weeks before their birthdays. Yikes. Maybe something small this year and a bigger shindig next year. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to borrow them, Andrea...even if we end up not using them. Although I am already formulating an idea of where they would work great. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete