Friday, February 24, 2012

Photo Friday - Spring Fever

I'm a California girl, born and raised (except for a brief time out of state).  If you know anything about the weather in the southern half of this beautiful state, you know that we are spoiled with pretty mild weather year-round.  Truly, it doesn't feel like winter.  As I look at the weekly forecast, every day is in the upper 60s to mid 70s and at least mostly sunny.

Granted, we do still have some bouts of colder weather that remind us not to pack away our cooler weather clothing just yet.

No, I'm NOT complaining.

Yes, I know that what we here in La-La-Land call winter is more like an awesome spring day in most parts of the world.  On those days we're here bundled in parkas, beanies, boots, and scarves and out-of-state visitors are welcoming the weather with tank tops and flip-flops.

Still...

I marvel at how God timed the seasons to last just the right amount of time.  At the start and close of each season I am perfectly ready for the change.  And at this time of year, I'm beginning to feel the itch for spring to have sprung.

It also makes me think of SPRING TRAINING.

Yes, you read that right:  I'm talking BASEBALL!

So my photos for this edition of Photo Friday are in honor of my hometown team: the San Francisco Giants.


Scottsdale Stadium--exclusive home of the San Francisco Giants during spring training.
I had to include the schedule.  Come on, people!
Let's get this party started!
I know this image is small, but I'm just thrilled that Posey should be back in the lineup this year.  Oh, how we've missed you, Buster!

2 comments:

  1. Shane and I were talking about this a couple days ago. We watched Moneyball and are definitely ready for baseball to start. We still need to plan a family friendly group trip to spring training one year. Maybe next year?

    ReplyDelete