Wednesday, February 1, 2012

That's Pinteresting!

I'm a tad bit addicted to Pinterest.

Ok, fine...

I'm totally addicted.

It's definitely my guilty-pleasure of choice as of late.

Since I'm on there pretty regularly and am always finding new ideas for all sorts of things like crafts, diy projects, home decor, kid stuff, and so much more, I figured I'd start a new weekly post with some of the things I've found on Pinterest.  I'll share a few of the pins I've made and found.  Some pins will be useful.  Some will be silly.  Some will be witty and wise.  Some will be just because I like them...or at least something about them.

To begin, allow me to introduce you to Pinterest.

Pinterest is basically a virtual corkboard for you to organize images and links of interest on the internet.  It's like a visual grouping of your bookmarks.  It's pretty much genius. For example...

Say you go to an online store's website and see a lamp you like.  You can "pin" a picture of it on a board in your Pinterest account.  If you're trying to comparison shop and have found several different lamps you like, pin them all on pinterest.  Then you can go to your board grouping all your lamps and see images of them all together.

You can come up with your own titles and categories for your boards and you can have as many or as few as you would like.  All you have to do after that is get to pinning!

You can pin things you find on the internet or you can repin things you see on another pinner's board that you choose to follow.  You can even search the "Everything" page by typing a word or phrase in the search bar and see what other people around the world have pinned using those same terms.

Here are a few pins to get us started:

Something useful--a way to see what you really wear in your closet.
Every January turn all of the hangers in your closet backwards, like this.  It takes about 60 seconds: Each time you wear an item, hang it back up in the normal fashion, which takes zero effort to remember or do.  In June, any item that is still hanging backwards has not been worn in 6 months, donate it to Goodwill unless you can come up with a good reason to save it.

Something wise--thank God for all I have.
Reflection....thank God for all I have!

Something for the kiddos--fridge snack station.
fridge snack station for kids- put what they can snack on in it & when they say they're hungry let them go & pick something out! would also work for dry snacks in a cabinet or cupboard they can reach.

And that's it.  Those are three of my pins from the boards Other DIY and For the Home.

If you like, you can follow me by joining Pinterest and finding me here.

Happy pinning!

No comments:

Post a Comment