Wednesday, February 15, 2012

That's Pinteresting! - Craft edition

I have not tried these...yet.

This category is what really got me hooked on Pinterest.  I love looking at all the brilliant DIY and craft projects (and accompanying tutorials).

So, here are a couple that I look forward to trying out.  If you try them before I get a chance, let me know how they work out for you.

Make Non-Toxic Glitter:
Make Your Own Glitter with salt and Tin Foil!
Need:

    * Baking Pan
    * Tin Foil
    * 1/4 cup of salt
    * 1/2 teaspoon of food coloring
    * Preheat an oven to 350 degrees.
Directions:
    * Mix 1/4 cup of salt with a 1/2 teaspoon of food coloring in a small bowl until the salt is uniformly colored.
    * Spread the mixture out in an even layer on a foil-lined baking sheet.
    * Bake in the oven for ten minutes. Allow your homemade glitter to cool before using it.
NOTE:
    * You may also store it in an air tight container for several months.
    * This glitter can be used for almost any type of project and may even be mixed with glue for special crafts.

DIY Mod Podge:
Mod Podge is crazy expensive. I had been looking for a DIY way for this stuff!  So excited I have so many ideas that requires this!

Watermark T-Shirt:
make a watermark tee

May you get inspired to try new things, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment